Terms and ConditionsThis web site is owned and operated by Penguin Books Limited.
1. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKSThis Site is owned and operated by Penguin Books Limited ("Penguin"). All software used on this Site and the information and materials (the "Content") included on this Site (including without limitation Site design, text, graphics, audio and video and the selection and arrangement thereof) is the property of Penguin or its suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the Site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the Content or use of any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited. Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any books published by Penguin should be addressed to the Permissions Department at the address set out below.
The Penguin name and logo are registered trademarks.
2. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITESThe Site may include links to third party Internet websites which are controlled and maintained by others. These links are included solely for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement by Penguin of the sites linked or referred to, nor does Penguin have any control over the content of any such sites.
3. PRICE AND AVAILABILITY OF TITLESWhilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of prices and availability of the titles featured on this Site, this cannot be guaranteed and price and availability information may change without notice.
4. LIABILITY DISCLAIMERThe Site is provided by Penguin in good faith but Penguin does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the Site or the Content or any websites to which the Site is linked, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
The contents of the Site do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision.
There is no guarantee that the Site will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
To the extent permitted by law, Penguin hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the Content, the Site and/or any website to which the Site is linked, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
5. CHANGES TO THESE CONDITIONS OF USEPenguin reserves the right to add to or change these conditions of use and agrees to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such amendments will be included as part of the conditions. Any changes will be posted to this page and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes from time to time. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the Site after that time.
6. USER INFORMATIONPenguin collects information on what pages are accessed or visited by consumers. Penguin uses this information for internal review, in order to improve the content of the Site and to notify consumers about updates to the Site.
Penguin guarantees that if you supply your postal address on-line you will only be sent the information for which you provided your address but if you do not wish to receive e-mail from Penguin in the future, or if you wish to be removed from mailing lists, please let us know by sending an e-mail or writing to Penguin Group (UK), 80 Strand, London WC2R ORL or email Catalogue.Assistance@penguin.co.uk
We do not ask you to disclose any more information than is reasonably necessary to enable you to participate in an activity on our web site and to improve the web site.
We do not generally disclose personal information we have collected from you through this web site to third parties. We may do so sometimes, in which case we will say so when the information is collected and you will be able to inform us that you do not want us to do this. This will not stop you enjoying the site, you can simply tell us that you are happy for us to have the information so you can take part in the activities we offer, but that you do not want us to pass that information on.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE ITWhen you want to participate in activities on our web site, this is the sort of information we ask for and how we use it:
If you register on the registration page to receive an email from us to alert you when an updated version of the catalogue is available on the website, or to be sent information about our products and so forth we will ask you for your name, contact and demographic details. We use this information to identify you, to contact you about your interest in Penguin, including sending out information you have requested, and for internal market research purposes.
We only keep the personal information you submit for these purposes and until we have made use of it in these ways.